Typing Kanji into Japanese search engines ...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Theo de Kreijger on June 17, 2002 at 02:35:26:

Dear all,

Microsoft has a "Japanse IME (Input Method Editor)" available at the address "http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com".

This tool comes in handy when you want to type for instance the name "kunisada" in Kanji to search a particular Japanese site or when using the Japanese Google or Altavista.

After you installed the tool and selected a certain japanese search box, you can do the following: activate the Japanese language tool in the system tray, type "Kuni", it changes to Hiragana characters by itself and you press the spacebar (one or more times) to convert it into the appropriate Kanji. If you updated Windows correctly you'll see "Kunisada" in Kanji right here: (or maybe not ?)



Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ] [ FAQ ]