Re:- history of color in prints

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Noel Chiappa on October 14, 2003 at 19:22:06:

> I was wondering if there were any good books out there .. which discuss the
> history of different color pigments used in prints.

Also, if you look at:

Roger S. Keyes, "Japanese Woodblock Prints: A Caalogue of the Mary A.
Ainsworth Collection", Allen Memorial Art Museum, Oberlin, 1984

it has a lengthy appendix entitled "Identification of Traditional Organic
Colorants Employed in Japanese Prints" which also has some information that
might be useful.

Noel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ] [ FAQ ]