unidentified print may be unpublished -

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]

Posted by steve (98.240.145.50) on December 01, 2013 at 07:23:29:

Hello, My wife inherited a set of original blocks for a Hasui print. I have been unable to find any reliable info about it. Several dealers have given me opinions on it but no one is sure about it. The blocks came from a family friend who was stationed in Japan in the 1940's who also purchased a large amount of prints, many of them Hasui. The print is in poor condition but the blocks seem to be in excellent shape. One dealer thought it might be a rejected print for the "selected views of japan" series or the series of views of shrines(I can't recall the correct title)I think it is the Kannon temple at Abuto. Can anyone provide me with any info about the print? My other question is : would I be crazy to have someone print some new prints from the blocks and what kind of value do these blocks have? One dealer told me how rare these are (especially if it is a unpublished print) and used the word priceless but them proceeded to offer me $1000 (that's not priceless in my book!) Thanks for any info you can provide. breadman35@comcast.net

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
Subject: unidentified print may be unpublished -

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]