Re: Identification

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]

Posted by Marc Kahn (71.236.180.102) on March 08, 2014 at 17:16:34:

In Reply to: Identification posted by Keith J on March 08, 2014 at 14:26:07:

Hi Keith,

It doesn't happen often these days, but every once in a while someone hits "the jackpot" and finds a previously unknown print by my favorite artist Takahashi Shotei. Congratulations! You've hit that jackpot.

Have a look at seal "C" on this page from my website: http://shotei.com/artists/shotei/shoteiseals/seals.htm. Your close-up shot of the seal certainly looks like that one.

In the close-up of the writing and seal, I can see that the print has probably been creped. This is not unusual for pre-earthquake Shotei prints.

I'd like to add your print to my Shotei catalog, but it would be best if you could remove the print from behind the glass for capturing a clear image of it.

Please see if you can get clearer images for cataloging, showing all the way to the borders. If that means removing the print from its mounting, then it's worth the effort, especially considering that the mounting is probably acidic and destructive. For cataloging purposes, please let me know the dimensions, in centimeters.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Marc Kahn
marco@shotei.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
Subject: Re: Identification

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]