Re: Need help identifying Ikkeisai Y

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]

Posted by Lita X Lng Kelley (74.104.210.41) on April 27, 2014 at 19:28:20:

In Reply to: Re: Need help identifying Ikkeisai Yoshi posted by Guy Pepermans on April 27, 2014 at 10:05:44:

Thank you Guy for your help. I appreciate it very much.

I took additional photos to document condition, etc and posted them on the same page as the other photos.

I am a novice collector and love learning about pieces and artists, etc in my collection.

I recently purchased this print from my daughter's teacher from when she was in kindergarten, along with the Hiroshige II print.

The print has a backing attached as well as other condition issues. I wish to preserve this print to the best of my abilities and although I have no intentions of selling it since I wish to will it to my children, hopefully in the very far future, lol... in your best opinion, would you say that this print is worth the cost of a professional conservation and restoration process? (NO WAY I would attempt to do this my self).. At least minimum, I wish to have the backing removed and preserve it in the best manner to decrease degradation, etc

Reading various online sources on Japanese woodblock prints, it seems to me that having conservation and restoration processes on prints potentially increases the value from its current condition and while I have no intention of selling it, I do wish to have the print preserved in the best condition possible since it's possible that my children may wish to sell it after I pass, etc.

What are your thoughts on this, if it's not too much trouble.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
Subject: Re: Need help identifying Ikkeisai Y

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]