New format for Shotei print catalog

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]

Posted by Marc Kahn (71.236.180.102) on November 27, 2014 at 15:37:59:

With almost 600 prints, the format of my catalog of prints by Takahashi Shotei has made it difficult to locate information about any individual print. At times, it's been necessary to scroll through hundreds of small thumbnail pictures to find the print that you're looking for. At the rate of 25 per page, a search like that can be tedious.

In 2006, I created the "Shin-Hanga Seal Finder", which made it easy to identify artists and publisher seals based upon an interactive database lookup displaying only seals which fit the profile entered. The seal finder has proven to be a valuable resource. It quickly became the most used page on Shotei.com and has continued to be to this day. For quite a while now, it's been my intention to use the same technology to rebuild my catalog of "The Woodblock Prints of Takahashi Shotei".

Today, I'm pleased to announce the roll-out of the new database-driven query format for the Shotei catalog. Please have a look at: http://shotei.com/artists/shotei/shotei_catalog/shotei_catalog_list.php . By using the filters at the top of the page, and pressing the "Find Prints" button, it's amazing how quickly you can zero in on the particular print that you are looking for. I'm particularly fond of the ability to use 1, 2, or 3 keywords to limit the search space. I hope that you will enjoy using this new feature as much as I do.

Going forward, it is my intention to use a similar approach for both new research projects and to rebuild existing ones.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
Subject: New format for Shotei print catalog

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]