Re: Kitagawa Utamaro

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]

Posted by David (82.132.226.85) on May 25, 2015 at 09:55:12:

In Reply to: Re: Kitagawa Utamaro posted by Noel Chiappa on May 24, 2015 at 20:58:19:

Dear Noel, I really thank you for the information, I will do what you said, buy I do believe your opinion.
Thank you,
David

p.s. I recently purchased for good price some prints made probably originally by Toyohara Kunichika. I am really amazed how beautiful they are.The are small sized, its condition is not very-very well but the colors are very vivid, preserved, as well they seems (to me)more painted than printed.The details, and the links and colours are very artistically and precisely made. As well the paper seems to me somehow elastic-I would like to know whether it is paper, because there on its surface are fine wrinkles, but they do not destroying colors, just samelike fine wrinkles on oily elastic cloth..Probably Kabuki actors on them, pieces if larger parts, I read that these (probably kabuki theater adverts or invitations) are considered among the experts as finest Kunichika's work, I do agree. Will upload images tomorrow because I do keep them safe at work
..I would like to know your opinion, I stared just recently collecting ukiyo-e.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
Subject: Re: Kitagawa Utamaro

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]