Re: Shotei's Plagiarism

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]

Posted by Marc Kahn (71.236.207.95) on June 01, 2015 at 04:29:16:

In Reply to: Shotei's Plagiarism posted by Magicsteph on May 31, 2015 at 21:51:47:

Hi MagicSteph,

I'm sorry to say that I don't buy your hypothesis that prints that I've documented as Shotei knock-offs were actually produced as precursors of the Watanabe versions of those designs.

Perhaps you'd like to give me an example of a Shotei design which was supposed to be published by Watanabe, but "ended up published by other publishers"? I don't believe that such a print exists, but if you know of one, please share that with me.

While you're at it, please give me an example of a print that I've documented as a knock-off on this page: http://shotei.com/artists/shotei/copies/copies.htm which you think is a precursor of the Watanabe version. Also, please explain to me why that print doesn't have a Shotei or Hiroaki seal, rather the seal of an artist which never existed.

Are you sure that Hasui's designs were never plagiarized? Perhaps it's the case that no one has ever taken the time to document Hasui knock-offs like I've done with Shotei.

Marc

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
Subject: Re: Shotei's Plagiarism

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]