Posted by Guy Pepermans (220.127.116.11) on December 20, 2018 at 17:59:05:
In Reply to: Reading Signature posted by Irwin on December 20, 2018 at 05:39:25:
Just happens that I own two prints by this artist.
Iwae Shunkin (今江春近, dates unknown) was active as a designer of uchiwa-e, nishiki-e and book illustrations during the middle Meiji period, working in Nagoya (Aichi Prefecture). He worked together with publishers in Nagoya.
- Itagaki kunkinan no zu (板垣君危難之図 fan print - Gifu Prefectural Museum, 1882)
- T˘sei beppin yubikage-e - usage (fan print - Guy Pepermans coll.). Publisher/block cutter: Sh˘keid˘ etsu-t˘ (承慶堂鉞刀, carved by Sh˘keid˘)
- Nagoya Daisan Shidan bunretsushiki no zu (名古屋第三師団分列式之図 nishiki-e ľ Guy Pepermans coll., published 3/1889). Publisher: Kimura Gyokusend˘ (木村玉扇堂).
- Three actor fan prints (Kagawa Prefectural Museum:
- Hikifuda with calendar 1895 designed for the Suehiro-ya (末広屋), a shop in Nagoya for household goods, published 11/1894, whereabouts unknown
- Meiji Shinsen Dodoitsu Iki-no-Chikamichi (明治新選 都々逸 粋の近道), author: Asami Sh˘tar˘, published 3/1889
The prints in my possession can be viewed here:
Post a Followup