Re: Unknown print and artist

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]

Posted by Zuigetsu Ikeda print (72.224.40.219) on August 24, 2020 at 15:10:44:

In Reply to: Re: Unknown print and artist posted by Alec W. on August 24, 2020 at 02:55:04:

Thank you again Alex for a print identification. One mystery solved, others opened. The seal below the artist's signature was I first assumed the artist's seal. Now I believe it is the publisher's seal. I've looked at several Zuigetsu prints and there appears to be two different red seals below his signature. The one seal I believe to be that of the publisher Uchida. The one below the print I have is possibly that of the publisher Matsuyoshi. Unfortunately, I have found little information on Matsuyoshi and no sold reference to their seal. To confuse matters further, looking at Artelino's archive, they have a print of the same image as mine with Zuigetsu's signature with Uchida's seal below. The position of the signature and seal in the two prints are different. Also, in the lower margin of my print there are two groups of characters I cannot translate. I'm guessing one may be date and the other title. Any thoughts?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
Subject: Re: Unknown print and artist

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]