Re: Help with identifying print/arti

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]

Posted by Mexx (78.149.78.218) on March 20, 2021 at 13:55:15:

In Reply to: Re: Help with identifying print/arti posted by Alec W. on March 20, 2021 at 04:33:17:

Hi - hope Iím using this correctly to respond ... Alec W thank you so much for your help - super speedy and well wow your amazing! That name was one of the artists I had narrowed it down to on my signature search (one look so similar) - and on searching pictures also thought quite his style. However I searched and searched for the actual picture and came up with nothing so had carried on searching for others!
I have looked on your links and am obviously slightly inept as only got on a site with a black and white pic and also seems other mainly in Japanese and takes you to a search engine where I then get nothing - eek
I can tell you this print is part of a collection I have inc several kawase hasui,, a yoshimune. The previous owners came to uk in 1920ís before the earthquake and these are the ones I have from their collection - I understand their were others but didnít pass to us. The family heritage was English peerage and affluent Japanese family. From what I can tell this picture is an actual print, not page from a book from 1930ís - it would be quite a big book!? . Of course I could be wrong! Iím def no expert.
This print is definitely the hardest to research! I donít know where to go from here. I donít have itís name - do you know? How do I delve deeper, who can I go to for help?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
Subject: Re: Help with identifying print/arti

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ukiyo-e Q & A ]